Benefits of being a Sponsor at the KW Pet Expo
We are committed to taking the time to understand what our sponsors want to achieve through the KW Pet Expo. By learning your marketing goals, we are
able to create and design a sponsorship package focused on your objectives. Our sponsors are a partnership.
Your commitment and contribution as a partner of the KW Pet Expo 2018 will
- receive extensive brand exposure
- create positive public relations and heighten corporate recognition in the community
- enhance credibility by building rapport with customers and prospects
- demonstrate market leadership
- connect you to a targeted audience
- present opportunities to form new relationships
The third annual KW Pet Expo is scheduled for Saturday, May 5 and Sunday, May 6, 2018 at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Complex. Approximately 100 exhibitors are planning to show a variety of products and services related to the pet industry. Featured at this event will be the Waterloo Regional Police Canine Unit demonstrating how their trained dogs provide a vital service to our community. Also scheduled is the Canadian Kennel Club Canine Good Neighbour Program. This program provides an opportunity, in a non-competitive environment, for the dog and pet owner to demonstrate to an evaluator the ability to control their dog through a 12-step test. The handler will be awarded a CGN certificate if the dog earns a passing mark. Also featured will be the very popular SuperDogs filled with entertaining dog tricks that the audience is sure to love. Another feature at the Expo will be a series of “Pet Talks”. These presentations will be by professionals in the pet industry giving them an opportunity to inform the audience of their expertise. Other possible high draw activities that could be included in the Expo is an exotic rescue petting zoo, pet costume contest and wiener dog race. With the support of our sponsors, we will be able to expand on what we will be able to offer. Our vision is to donate a portion of our net profits to a local pet charity.
KW Expo Productions surveyed 100 people in the Waterloo Region to help better understand the local residents and what their interests are when it comes to pets. When conducting our market research we discovered that 81% of pet owners were interested in attending the KW Pet Expo. From those interested in attending, 95% were interested in pet services, 90% would like to know more about pet food and another 72% were interested in pet merchandise such as leashes and collars. Based on this research, we can see a clear demand for a pet exposition that will offer pet owners and potential pet owners more knowledge on products and services that could be useful to them.
Marketing communication for the KW Pet Expo will be a key component in getting the word out to our primary audience. In order to achieve our goal of 7,000 attendees for a third year event, our strategy is to incorporate media, online and print marketing to connect with the community. Our plan includes:
- an official website www.kwpetexpo.com
- connecting with social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- direct email blasts
- radio promotion
- posting on local community event calendars
- lawn signs at major intersections throughout Kitchener-Waterloo
- posters at local community centres and businesses
- postcards distributed to residential areas and also provided to vendors and sponsors to promote to their clientele
- complimentary tickets distributed to all sponsors and vendors